Lead Door Assemblies come complete with the following standard hardware.
- 1-3/4” Solid Core Door laminated with lead sheet per NCRP 147 Specifications.
- Door supplied with Birch Veneer finish and is predrilled for included hardware.
- Lead-Lined Steel KD Frame with 5" throat and 2" faces.
- Lever Lockset, Standard 2-1/8" diameter w/ 2-3/4" backset. Satin Nickel.
- Continuous Hinge, Satin Nickel.
For custom orders, you can reach us by email, phone +1 (832) 519-8787, or use our contact form.
These specially designed lead-lined wood doors are manufactured to provide the level of radiation protection needed for each specific project. The doors are constructed with the lead under each face and can be manufactured with lead thicknesses from 1/32” to 1/4”. Nominal door thickness is 1-3/4″ for lead thicknesses up to 1/8”. Above 1/8″ lead thickness, the door thickness will increase proportionally with the lead thickness. All doors are provided with a continuous hinge because of the high weights involved with lead lined doors.
The preferred finish for the doors in a birch veneer. This can easily be painted, stained of coated with polyurethane. Other finishes, including a wide variety of laminates are available.
These lead-lined doors are most typically in medical facilities including Radiology ( X-Ray Imaging ), Fluoroscopy, PET and CT Scan rooms. However, lead lined doors are oftenr required in dental, veterinary, and NDT facilities.
The amount of lead required should be determined by a licensed medical physicist.