Bridge counterweights are frequently made using custom cast lead.
At Pure Lead Products, we can fabricate custom lead counterweights for bridges to any specifications. Lead is the ideal material for large counterweights, owing to its high density, which makes it highly efficient.
Considerations for Bridge Weights:
What are the dimensions ?
What weight is necessity to counterbalance the span ?
How will you handle the large weight ?
Would you prefer coated lead weight ?
- Pure Lead can supply bridge weights for new and retrofit projects just about anywhere.
- We have the capability of casting any shape, or dimension.
- We cast produce bridge weights up to several tons.
- Bridge weights can have hooks inserted for attachment to cranes for handling.
- In some cases counterbalancing can be done using standard type lead bricks.
- All our cast lead can be coated using paints or powder coating for safe handling.
In may cases bridges require multiple weights to maintain proper balance of load. We readily supply these requirements.
Call our sales engineers to discuss your next bridge project. They are familiar with your applications and can advise how and when to line up your purchase.
Recent bridge counterweight jobs:
- Gut River Bridge South Bristol Maine
- Atlantic Bridge Atlantic Beach NY
- Camino Real Bridge Boca Raton FL
- High Rise Bridge Chesapeake VA
- Isabella Holmes Bridge
- Flagler Memorial Bridge West Palm Beach FL